Fresenius Kabi Australia are committed to a partnership with a charity organisation. In 2012 we selected the Cancer Council as our preferred charity.
Cancer is the biggest cause of premature death in Australia and affects us all, not just patients and their families. More than 42,000 people are expected to die from cancer across Australia in 2010 with 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women being diagnosed with cancer before the age of 85. Cancer costs $3.8 billion in direct health system costs.
Who is Cancer Council?
Cancer Council is an independent community funded organisation dedicated to the defeat of cancer. They receive no Government funding enabling them to remain an independent community voice.
Cancer Council supports and focuses on all people for every cancer type and through every stage of the cancer journey. Funds are directed to 3 areas of program and service delivery:
- Cancer research;
- Support services for all those touched by cancer; and
- Education and prevention campaigns to help reduce the risk.
The impact from our work together will be visible in changing:
- the lives of cancer patients and carers;
- scientific knowledge;
- community understanding and behaviour;
- society, policy and practice to advance cancer control.